Protecting your ideas.
Protecting your business.
CASE RESULTS DEPEND ON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE UNDERTAKEN BY CONNORS LAW PLLC.
- IP ownership agreements. Protecting copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets begin with verifying that your business legally owns these assets. We have experience helping clients ensure ownership over materials produced by employees, independent contractors, and others.
- Copyright registration. A critical part of planning includes identifying and protecting copyrightable material. Although copyright registration is not required for protection, registration with the United States Copyright Office brings with it certain rights, including specific damages.
- Trademark registration. Your business’s brand serves as a source indicator to consumers. We help protect your brand by identifying protectable material, adjusting any branding to make it distinctive (and therefore protectable), and registering that material with the appropriate office.
- Intellectual property licensing. We have expertise in acquiring the rights clients need to us the protected materials of others. We have also assisted business clients in selling the rights they own through both exclusive and nonexclusive licenses.
- Copyright infringement suits. When someone copies your book, movie, artwork, computer software, or other creative expression, call on us to enforce your rights. We have litigated copyright infringement claims in federal court, and have confronted cases with complex issues like fair use and internet publication.
- Trademark infringement suits. You have spent time and money building your brand. Let us help you when a competitor uses a trademark in a confusingly similar manner; we have experience litigating trademark infringement cases.
- Trade secret protection and misappropriation actions. Trade secrets cover all kinds of valuable information subject to reasonable means of secrecy. Technical information such as client lists, processes, formulas, recipes, and more are protectable as trade secrets. We can help you protect this information and stop the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Patent troll defense. Don’t let a cease and desist letter claiming patent infringement halt your business operations. We have experience interpreting patents and stopping aggressive patent litigation. Contact us to help with your patent defense.
Let us help your business protect its intellectual property and stop infringers in their tracks.
Andrew P. Connors, Esq.
Andrew P. Connors founded Connors Law with the mission to use the law properly in all things. A recognized legal advocate, Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized him as a Rising Star in Virginia four years in a row, from 2013 through 2016. He is an experienced attorney in the Commonwealth of Virginia, having represented businesses and individuals in state and federal court in a variety of civil disputes, including before the Court of Appeals of Virginia and the Supreme Court of Virginia. He has counseled and advised clients for several years on a variety of intellectual property issues, and is a trained engineer and former software developer. Learn more about Mr. Connors